Super Scholar Incentive
Super Scholar is an incentive for our students to learn all of the memory work. Awards are given to those who have successfully memorized each subject area. They can choose all or one or more subjects to work toward. At year’s end, a tutor will randomly quiz the student with the beginning portion of the memory work or asking about a topic such as “Tell me about the area of a rectangle.” and the student will respond, “The area of a rectangle equals length times width.” or, “Finish this statement: The Civil Rights movement started in” and the child will respond with the entire history statement. Once the tutor is satisfied the child indeed has achieved the award, achievements and prizes will be celebrated and awarded at our Year End Showcase!
Truth, Goodness, and Beauty Incentive
Truth, Goodness and Beauty awards can be earned in addition or separately from Super Scholar. This three-part award consists of: Saints, Music and Art. They can choose all three or one or two subjects to work toward. All information comes from the Tour Guide or CSH music for this award from all 24 weeks. At year’s end, a tutor will randomly quiz the student to identify images or songs. All information comes from the Tour Guide or CSH music for this award from all 24 weeks. Once the tutor is satisfied the child indeed has achieved the award, achievements and prizes will be celebrated and awarded at our Year End Showcase!
Tutor and Parent Creed
- We build good habits when we start the day on the right foot.
- We believe that encouraging self-responsibility will benefit our kids in the long run.
- We wish to encourage positive virtues.
- We believe an orderly environment builds a peaceful environment that is conducive to learning.
- We will put an end to negative behaviors in order to maintain a good classroom environment.
- We will cooperate to affirm the dignity of every person in our program.
- We agree that any negative talk or gossip should be stopped at its beginning. Problems should be addressed honestly and openly with love.
- We look forward to a tutor-student relationship that is a source of joy for all.